I took this dish to a potluck and everyone asked for the recipe. If shoepeg corn isn't available in your region, then regular canned corn works well in this recipe, too.—Gloria Schutz, Trenton, Illinois
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) French-style green beans, drained
- 2 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup French-fried onions
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 3-4 hours or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with onions during the last 15 minutes of cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Side Dish in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2011, p60
Reviews for Shoepeg Corn Side Dish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"A lot of ingredients, but kind of a mushy concoction when done. It was okay, but probably would opt for plainer, fresh veggies instead for company."