Shoepeg Corn Salad Recipe
April Ingram of Sweetwater, Tennessee tosses crunchy corn, red pepper, green onions and tomatoes with mayonnaise to make this simple salad. "This is a favorite in our household. It's also a big hit at church dinners," she adds.
- 5 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 140 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC