This comforting side dish makes a creamy accompaniment to most any main course. Not only can you double the recipe for larger crowds, but you can use reduced-fat or low-sodium ingredients if you prefer. —Lori Talamao Baton Rouge, Louisiana
- 3 cans (7 ounces each) white or shoepeg corn, drained
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed butter-flavored crackers (about 18 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with the cracker crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shoepeg Corn Casserole in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p29
Reviews for Shoepeg Corn Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review