- 1/2 cup mirin (sweet rice wine)
- 6 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Sriracha Asian hot chili sauce or 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 cups spring mix salad greens
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh carrots
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, bring mirin to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until slightly thickened. Transfer to a small bowl; cool to room temperature. Whisk in the vinegar, soy sauce, shallot, ginger, lemon juice, chili sauce, pepper and oils; set aside.
- Place mushrooms in a small bowl; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Transfer to a grill wok or basket. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens, onions, radishes, carrots and water chestnuts. Add half of vinaigrette; toss to coat. Divide among four plates; top salad with mushrooms. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Shiitake Salad with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette in Country Woman April/May 2011, p40
Reviews for Shiitake Salad with Sesame-Ginger Vinaigrette
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review