Shiitake & Butternut Risotto Recipe
- 1 cup cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2/3 cup sliced fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup uncooked arborio rice
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup white wine or 1/4 cup additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- Place squash in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Add 1 teaspoon oil and salt; toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat broth and keep warm. In a small skillet, saute the mushrooms, onion and garlic in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add rice and pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat; stir in wine. Cook and stir until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Add heated broth, 1/4 cup at a time, stirring constantly. Allow the liquid to absorb between additions. Cook just until risotto is creamy and rice is almost tender. (Cooking time is about 20 minutes.) Stir in cheese until melted. Add squash and sage. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Shiitake & Butternut Risotto
Sort By :
I can pretty much repeat all of the last comment down to the Seared Scallops with Citrus Herb Sauce. However, I didn't have a kitchen apprentice to stir for me and my risotto seemed a little dry. But still AMAZING! I will definitely make this again.
AMAZING!!! Followed the recipe exactly, and my 9 year old stirred the risotto while it cooked. I served this with Seared Scallops with Citrus & Herb Sauce, and it was one of the best meals I've had in a long while. Simply superb.