Sherried Peas Recipe
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg, optional
- 1. Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the peas, sherry or broth, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Sherried Peas
"This is one of my "go to" recipes when I want a special vegetable but don't have a lot of time. Quick, easy and tasty with a touch of elegance!"