Looking for an easy way to dress up dinner veggies and make them something special? Here’s a quick tasty solution from our Test Kitchen that goes together in no time flat—and goes with a variety of main dishes.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg, optional
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a small nonstick
- skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until
- tender. Add the peas, sherry or broth, onion, salt, pepper and
- nutmeg if desired; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 82 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 245 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.