Looking for an easy way to dress up dinner veggies and make them something special? Here’s a quick tasty solution from our Test Kitchen that goes together in no time flat—and goes with a variety of main dishes.
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg, optional
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the peas, sherry or broth, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sherried Peas in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p51
Reviews for Sherried Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 3, 2013
"This is one of my "go to" recipes when I want a special vegetable but don't have a lot of time. Quick, easy and tasty with a touch of elegance!"