- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced-fat butter
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash ground nutmeg, optional
- Cook peas according to package directions; drain. In a small nonstick skillet, saute the mushrooms in butter for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Add the peas, sherry or broth, onion, salt, pepper and nutmeg if desired; cover and cook for 3 minutes, stirring once. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sherried Peas in Cooking for 2 Winter 2006, p51
Reviews for Sherried Peas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review