Each week my husband and I have steak with a potato variation, like these tangy baked spuds. How can you go wrong with mushrooms and sherry? —Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 4 large baking potatoes (about 3-1/4 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 375°. Scrub potatoes; pierce several times with a fork. Place in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan; bake 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender. Stir in sherry. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 14-16 minutes or until liquid is almost evaporated.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut each potato lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in.-thick shells.
- In a large bowl, mash pulp with milk, sour cream and chives. Stir in mushroom mixture. Spoon into potato shells. Return to baking pan. Bake 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sherried Mushroom Baked Potatoes in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p49
Reviews for Sherried Mushroom Baked Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review