Sherried Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Combine the paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour and sherry or additional broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half equals 263 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 78 mg cholesterol, 815 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sherried Artichoke Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.