Sherried Artichoke Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Combine the paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour and sherry or additional broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 263 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 815mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 28g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Sherried Artichoke Chicken
"Delicious. Served to guests who ate all of it."
"We enjoyed the flavor that the artichokes and sherry gave this dish. I didn't taste much tarragon, so I'll increase it to a full teaspoon next time. I served it with Jasmine rice."
"This recipe is awesome. I have served it multiple times to guests, and they always love it. My mother-in-law even asked for the recipe and subsequently served it at a party! The only change I make is I use 1 lb of chicken tenderloins, as they are easier to cook evenly."