- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and halved
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sherry or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- Combine the paprika, salt and pepper; sprinkle over both sides of chicken. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in 1 tablespoon butter until browned on both sides. Transfer to a 2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with artichokes; set aside.
- In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in remaining butter until tender. Stir in broth and tarragon. Bring to a boil. Combine the flour and sherry or additional broth until smooth; stir into mushroom mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sherried Artichoke Chicken
"Delicious. Served to guests who ate all of it."
"We enjoyed the flavor that the artichokes and sherry gave this dish. I didn't taste much tarragon, so I'll increase it to a full teaspoon next time. I served it with Jasmine rice."
"This recipe is awesome. I have served it multiple times to guests, and they always love it. My mother-in-law even asked for the recipe and subsequently served it at a party! The only change I make is I use 1 lb of chicken tenderloins, as they are easier to cook evenly."