I usually double this recipe so I can have one dessert on hand for family and friends who stop by unexpectedly in summer. Each refreshing wedge comes complete with chocolate chip "seeds".
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- About 1 pint lime sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. round metal bowl with plastic wrap. Press a thin
- layer of lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze,
- uncovered, until firm. Spread a thin layer of pineapple sherbet
- evenly over the lime sherbet layer. Freeze until firm. Pack
- raspberry sherbet into center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top
- to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8
- Just before serving, remove bowl from the freezer and uncover. Invert
- onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges;
- press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry sherbet section of
- each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.