Sherbet Watermelon Recipe
I usually double this recipe so I can have one dessert on hand for family and friends who stop by unexpectedly in summer. Each refreshing wedge comes complete with chocolate chip "seeds".
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:8 servings
- About 1 pint lime sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1. Line a 1-1/2-qt. round metal bowl with plastic wrap. Press a thin layer of lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Spread a thin layer of pineapple sherbet evenly over the lime sherbet layer. Freeze until firm. Pack raspberry sherbet into center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- 2. Just before serving, remove bowl from the freezer and uncover. Invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry sherbet section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 205 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 60 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC