- About 1 pint lime sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. round metal bowl with plastic wrap. Press a thin layer of lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Spread a thin layer of pineapple sherbet evenly over the lime sherbet layer. Freeze until firm. Pack raspberry sherbet into center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Just before serving, remove bowl from the freezer and uncover. Invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry sherbet section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Watermelon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p208
Reviews for Sherbet Watermelon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 23, 2010
"This is so refreshing in the summer, and the kids love to help make it. Personally, I prefer the creaminess of vanilla ice cream in place of the pineapple sherbet, but it's great as written also."