I usually double this recipe so I can have one dessert on hand for family and friends who stop by unexpectedly in summer. Each refreshing wedge comes complete with chocolate chip "seeds".
- About 1 pint lime sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1 pint pineapple sherbet, slightly softened
- About 1-1/2 pints raspberry sherbet, slightly softened
- 1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Line a 1-1/2-qt. round metal bowl with plastic wrap. Press a thin layer of lime sherbet against the bottom and sides of bowl. Freeze, uncovered, until firm. Spread a thin layer of pineapple sherbet evenly over the lime sherbet layer. Freeze until firm. Pack raspberry sherbet into center of sherbet-lined bowl. Smooth the top to resemble a cut watermelon. Cover and freeze until firm, about 8 hours.
- Just before serving, remove bowl from the freezer and uncover. Invert onto a serving plate. Remove bowl and plastic wrap. Cut into wedges; press a few chocolate chips into the raspberry sherbet section of each wedge to resemble watermelon seeds. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Watermelon in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p208
Reviews for Sherbet Watermelon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review