From Mankato, Kansas, Barbara Thomas shares this frozen dessert that's an attractive change of pace from ice cream cakes. Scoops of pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet top a crunchy crust of crisp rice cereal.
12-15 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 pint each pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cereal and brown sugar until crumbly.
- Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sugar and vanilla.
- Carefully spread over crust. Arrange small scoops of sherbet over
- the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and freeze
- until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.