Sherbet Surprise Recipe
From Mankato, Kansas, Barbara Thomas shares this frozen dessert that's an attractive change of pace from ice cream cakes. Scoops of pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet top a crunchy crust of crisp rice cereal.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + freezing YIELD:12-15 servings
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint each pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet
- 1. In a bowl, combine the butter, cereal and brown sugar until crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- 2. In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over crust. Arrange small scoops of sherbet over the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 323 calories, 16 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC