From Mankato, Kansas, Barbara Thomas shares this frozen dessert that's an attractive change of pace from ice cream cakes. Scoops of pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet top a crunchy crust of crisp rice cereal.
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint each pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cereal and brown sugar until crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over crust. Arrange small scoops of sherbet over the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Surprise in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p48
Reviews for Sherbet Surprise
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review