Sherbet Surprise Recipe
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 6 cups crisp rice cereal, finely crushed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) whipped topping, thawed
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pint each pineapple, raspberry and lime sherbet
- In a bowl, combine the butter, cereal and brown sugar until crumbly. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. dish.
- In another bowl, combine whipped topping, sugar and vanilla. Carefully spread over crust. Arrange small scoops of sherbet over the top. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Cover and freeze until firm. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Reviews for Sherbet Surprise(2)
Sort By :
Would this work using Splenda instead of sugar? I need to cut down on sugar, but the recipe sounds great?
I love this recipe- I have used it many times- it's quite refreshing, and yet my only complaint is that I love the "crust" and reserved crumbs so much that I now make a little more than the recipe asks for- because you want it w/ every bite!