Sherbet Cookie Delight
Looking to save some time when preparing for a party? Throw together this creamy crowd-pleaser and freeze it a day or two before the event. "The combination of raspberry and chocolate in this dessert is delightful, but it's also good made with lime sherbet, vanilla sandwich cookies and walnuts," suggests Donna Carper of South Jordan, Utah.
16-20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1/2 gallon raspberry sherbet, softened
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 15 Oreo cookies
- 3/4 to 1 cup chopped slivered almonds, toasted
- Additional Oreo cookies, optional
- Place sherbet in a 13-in. x 9-in. dish. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken.
- Add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form.
- Break each cookie into six pieces; fold into cream mixture with
- almonds. Spoon over sherbet. Cover and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Remove from the freezer 15 minutes before serving. Cut into squares.
- Garnish with additional cookies if desired. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 235 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 91 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.