For a dramatic dessert, you can't miss with this torte, shared by Amy Nichols of Brownville, Maine. "It's a wonderful make-ahead treat," Amy assures.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar raspberry preserves, warmed
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; top with about 1 cup sherbet. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Fill center with remaining sherbet. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Gently spread preserves over top of cake.
- Loosely cover and store in freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Angel Torte in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p16
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sherbet Angel Torte
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2015
"Light and quick dessert. Great for spring/summer."