Sherbet Angel Torte Recipe
For a dramatic dessert, you can't miss with this torte, shared by Amy Nichols of Brownville, Maine. "It's a wonderful make-ahead treat," Amy assures.
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces)
- 1 quart raspberry sherbet
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen reduced-fat whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup reduced-sugar raspberry preserves, warmed
- Fresh raspberries, optional
- Freeze the cake for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Split cake horizontally into three layers. Place bottom layer on a freezer-safe serving plate; top with about 1 cup sherbet. Repeat layers. Top with remaining cake layer. Fill center with remaining sherbet. Frost top and sides with whipped topping. Gently spread preserves over top of cake.
- Loosely cover and store in freezer. Thaw in the refrigerator for 30 minutes before slicing with a serrated knife. Garnish with raspberries if desired. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sherbet Angel Torte in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p16
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sherbet Angel Torte(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Angel Food Cake >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Easy Cake Recipes >
- Easy Dessert Recipes >
- Easy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >