- about 3 minutes. Drain and spoon over meat mixture. Cook potatoes in
- boiling salted water until tender; drain. Mash with milk, cheese and
- remaining salt. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; gently fold
- into potatoes. Spoon over pepper layer. Bake, uncovered, at 425°
- for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 20 minutes longer or
- until meat layer is bubbly. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 450 calories, 20 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 861 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 24 g protein.