Shepherd's Pie Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 bacon strips, diced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexicorn, drained
- 5-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared without milk and butter)
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Additional butter, melted
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain and set aside. In the same skillet, cook the bacon, onion and oregano until bacon is crisp. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomato sauce, corn and reserved beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the mashed potatoes, eggs, butter, parsley and salt. Spread half of potato mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate. Top with beef mixture and remaining potato mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes. Brush with butter. Bake 10 minutes longer or until top is golden brown. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Shepherd's Pie(7)
Sort By :
this dish was okay. my husband really liked it, but I didn't like the flavor that the mexicorn and bacon gave it. Good, but not my fav.
My family loved it! I made this in a casserole dish to accommodate my family's size/appetite and there was none left! They all agreed that I should make this recipe often!
My family loved this recipe. My daughter's especially loved that the crust was also potatoes, rather than most shepherd's pies, where the potatoes are on top. I've made this countless times and there are never any leftovers!
Bacon gives it a great taste!!! Will definitely make it again. Easy to make and my husband loved it, who is very picky eater. Best shepards pie we ever had.
I really enjoyed this BUT I added seasoning which it needed and I also added a drained can of diced tomatoes. For the potato, I used Betty Crocker garlic potato (2 pouches) and that made the work go faster. Don't be afraid to add your own ingredients when cooking.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >