Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie Recipe
Running a bed-and-breakfast keeps us busy. Once in a while I get creative and try to improve on an already good dish. That's how I came up with this one. It's a favorite among our guests.—Ellen Berdan, Salkum, Washington
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- Minced chives
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, pepper and garlic powder just until blended. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer. Top with tomato. Sprinkle with chives. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC