Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie Recipe
Running a bed-and-breakfast keeps us busy. Once in a while I get creative and try to improve on an already good dish. That's how I came up with this one. It's a favorite among our guests.—Ellen Berdan, Salkum, Washington
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 50 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1-1/2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Minced chives
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- 1. In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with cheese.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, pepper and garlic powder just until blended. Pour over cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chives. Top with tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC