- 1-1/2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Minced chives
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, pepper and garlic powder just until blended. Pour over cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chives. Top with tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie
Sort By :
"this turned out really good, and in answer to VONOEPEN's QUESTION, "YES YOU CAN MAKE IT THE NIGHT BEFORE" that's what I do now. and they turn out just like a strata does."
"I thought it was just ok. I've had better breakfast casseroles. I ended up using only 1 pound of sausage, and I doubled the egg mixture."
"I have now made this recipe for an 8 person breakfast so I too increased the eggs to 6 and milk to 3/4 cup. Everyone loved it, but I still would like to know if it can be prepared the night before like so many egg dishes. Eileen"
"I have not made this yet, but wondered if it could be prepared the night before. Thanks, Eileen"
"I just made this for Christmas brunch. Everyone liked it. Since I used a 13" baking dish, I upped the eggs to 6, the milk to 3/4 cup, etc. Next time, I'm going to increase the heat to 375 to see if the tots will get crispier."