Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 4 cups frozen Tater Tots
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash garlic powder
- Minced chives
- 2 tomatoes, sliced and quartered
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Spread in an ungreased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Top with Tater Tots; sprinkle with cheese.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, onion, pepper and garlic powder just until blended. Pour over cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer. Sprinkle with chives. Top with tomato. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Shepherd's Inn Breakfast Pie
Sort By :
I have now made this recipe for an 8 person breakfast so I too increased the eggs to 6 and milk to 3/4 cup. Everyone loved it, but I still would like to know if it can be prepared the night before like so many egg dishes. Eileen
I have not made this yet, but wondered if it could be prepared the night before. Thanks, Eileen
I just made this for Christmas brunch. Everyone liked it. Since I used a 13" baking dish, I upped the eggs to 6, the milk to 3/4 cup, etc. Next time, I'm going to increase the heat to 375 to see if the tots will get crispier.