Shells with Italian Sausage and Ricotta Stuffing
Brought to you by Johnsonville® Sausage
6 ServingsPrep: 45 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild or Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 box (12.5 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (24 ounces, each) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, until pork is no longer
- pink; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta shells according to package directions;
- drain and rinse with cold water.
- Using a pastry brush, coat sides and bottom of a 3-quart baking dish