- 1 package (16 ounces) Johnsonville® Mild or Sweet Ground Sausage
- 1 box (12.5 ounces) jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 jars (24 ounces, each) marinara sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 carton (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, until pork is no longer pink; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, cook pasta shells according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Using a pastry brush, coat sides and bottom of a 3-quart baking dish with oil.
- Pour half of the marinara sauce into baking dish. In a large bowl, combine eggs, ricotta cheese, 2-1/2 cups of mozzarella, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, Romano cheese, basil, pepper and prepared sausage. Stuff shells with meat mixture; arrange in baking dish. Pour remaining marinara sauce over shells.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Shells with Italian Sausage and Ricotta Stuffing in Johnsonville® Sausage 2014
Reviews for Shells with Italian Sausage and Ricotta Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review