Sheepherder's Potatoes Recipe
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes, bacon and onion. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme. Pour over potato mixture.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese; bake at additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts and eggs are set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 214 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 176mg cholesterol, 544mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 11g protein
Reviews for Sheepherder's Potatoes
"I have made this several times. Quick and easy! My daughter's favorite."