Thyme adds a nice flavor surprise to this hearty casserole. Serve it as a side dish at dinneror as the main course at breakfast or brunch.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes, bacon and
- onion. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme.
- Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until eggs are almost set.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake at additional 5 minutes or until cheese
- melts and eggs are set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 214 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 176 mg cholesterol, 544 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.