Thyme adds a nice flavor surprise to this hearty casserole. Serve it as a side dish at dinner—or as the main course at breakfast or brunch.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes, bacon and onion. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme. Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese; bake at additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts and eggs are set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sheepherder's Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p40
Reviews for Sheepherder's Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
"I have made this several times. Quick and easy! My daughter's favorite."