Thyme adds a nice flavor surprise to this hearty casserole. Serve it as a side dish at dinner—or as the main course at breakfast or brunch.
- 5 to 6 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds), cooked, peeled and sliced
- 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 6 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, layer potatoes, bacon and onion. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, pepper, parsley and thyme. Pour over potato mixture.
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until eggs are almost set. Sprinkle with cheese; bake at additional 5 minutes or until cheese melts and eggs are set. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sheepherder's Potatoes in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p40
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sheepherder's Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 11, 2012
"I have made this several times. Quick and easy! My daughter's favorite."