Sheepherder's Breakfast Recipe
- 3/4 pound bacon strips, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 package (30 ounces) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup drippings in pan.
- Stir in hash browns. Cook, uncovered, over medium heat 10 minutes or until bottom is golden brown; turn potatoes. With the back of a spoon, make eight evenly spaced wells in potato mixture. Break one egg into each well. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook, covered, on low 10 minutes or until eggs are set and potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with cheese; let stand until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sheepherder's Breakfast (13)
Sort By :
I made this for dinner one evening and my husband was in all his glory. We used diced ham in which we bypassed the delicious flavor that bacon provides. The dish was so good and hearty.
This was one of the best brunch recipes I have had! I could eat this over and over again. It was definitely a hit with both my boys. We didn't have any leftovers.
I used bacon bits instead of frying bacon and it was very good!
Very impressed with this. Tasted awesome I think I might even add mushrooms next time; garnish with some sour cream or salsa!
We are huge campers and this dish was right up my family's alley. Super simple to make and not many dishes to clean up after. Our little girl is a sucker for runny eggs. I may even try using shredded sweet potatoes next time. We love sweet and savory together.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Bacon Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >