These savory little snacks are so good, it's hard to eat just one! With cheddar cheese peeking out from the golden brown pastry, they're irresistible.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and water until smooth. Gradually beat in flour until blended. Shape into a ball, then flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese and 1 egg. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 teaspoon of filling on one side of each circle. Moisten edges; fold dough over filling and press edges together firmly with a fork to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Beat remaining egg; brush over turnovers. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sharp Cheddar Turnovers in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2009, p44
Reviews for Sharp Cheddar Turnovers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review