Shamrock Toffee Fudge Recipe
Tiny toffee bits add a delightful crunch to this creamy fudge. I decorated each piece with a green frosting rosette for our church's St. Patrick's Day fundraiser dinner. By changing the design, you have dessert for any occasion. —Kristine M. Chayes, Smithtown, New York
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups vanilla or white chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate-covered English toffee bits
- 1/8 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 cup vanilla frosting
- Green food coloring
- 1. Line a 9-in. square pan with foil and grease the foil; set aside. In a large saucepan, combine the milk and chips. Cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Add the butter and salt; stir until smooth. Remove from the heat; stir in toffee bits and extract. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Using foil, remove fudge from pan; carefully remove foil. Cut fudge into 1-in. squares. Place the frosting in a small resealable plastic bag; tint with food coloring. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag; pipe a shamrock onto each square. Yield: about 2-1/4 pounds.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC