If your family loves ice cream (and who doesn't?), you'll probably serve these sundaes-with their from-scratch chocolate sauce-often. But you won't mind, because they're so simple to put together.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mint ice cream
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and chocolate over low heat. Add the
- sugar, cream and corn syrup; bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla. Serve
- warm or cool over ice cream. Yield: about 1-2/3 cups chocolate
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 307 calories, 14 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 111 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.