- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thinly sliced seedless rye bread
- Fresh dill springs, optional
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the corned beef, onion, dill and salt. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoonfuls of filling on the bottoms of half of the shamrocks; top with remaining shamrocks. Garnish with dill if desired. Yield: about 16 sandwiches.
Reviews for Shamrock Sandwiches
Sort By :
I'll never forget the first time I made these. We used the occasion (St. Patrick's Day) to tell our 4 children that they were going to have a baby brother or sister. The girls said, "I want a sister", our oldest son said, "I want a brother" and the youngest brother said, "I want a sandwich!" He got a sandwich and we all got a good laugh. Sadly that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, but I still have this fond memory of these sandwiches! And they were very good.
These turned out very good and were a lot of fun for a St. Patty's party. They taste even better after sitting for a couple of hours and the tastes melding together.
Shamrock sandwiches turn out so nicely, my family simply loves them. We save them for St. Patrick's Day and enjoy them with a beautiful Irish dinner.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Corned Beef >
- Corned Beef Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Irish Dinners >
- Irish Recipes >
- Sandwich Salad Recipes >