Shamrock Sandwiches Recipe
Dill and Dijon mustard add zip to the creamy corned beef filling in these party sandwiches. Substitute horseradish for the mustard and garlic powder for the dill for a fun variation. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 35 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 package (2 ounces) thinly sliced deli corned beef, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated red onion
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound thinly sliced seedless rye bread
- Fresh dill springs, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, mayonnaise and mustard until smooth. Stir in the corned beef, onion, dill and salt. Using a 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter, cut out two shamrocks from each slice of bread.
- 2. Spread 1-2 tablespoonfuls of filling on the bottoms of half of the shamrocks; top with remaining shamrocks. Garnish with dill if desired. Yield: about 16 sandwiches.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC