Shamrock Mint Cookies Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Green food coloring
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Green colored sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, extract and food coloring. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into three 8-in. logs; roll in colored sugar. Wrap each in plastic wrap; refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. To form shamrocks, place three slices with sides touching 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Use a portion of another slice for stem.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 181 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (9g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Shamrock Mint Cookies
"These cookies were as much fun to make as they were to eat. It was a different twist than shortbread cutouts, but still had shamrocks for St. Patrick's Day."