Shamrock Cutout Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) pound cake mix
- 10 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 to 5 teaspoons 2% milk
- Preheat oven according to package directions. Grease a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Prepare one package cake mix according to package directions, adding food coloring and extract before mixing batter. Transfer to prepared pan. Bake and cool as package directs.
- Cut cooled cake into 1-in. thick slices. Cut slices with a 2-1/2-in. shamrock-shaped cookie cutter (save remaining cake for another use). Stand shamrock slices at an angle in a greased 9x5-in. loaf pan.
- Prepare remaining cake mix according to package directions. Pour batter around and over shamrock slices. Bake and cool as package directs.
- For glaze, in a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar, extract and enough milk to reach desired consistency. Pour glaze over cake, allowing some to flow over sides. Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Reviews for Shamrock Cutout Pound Cake(2)
Sort By :
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant! The only thing I did wrong was to use a cookie cutter which was too small. I can't wait to make it again! I carefully spooned the batter over the colored part and it came out beautiful. Next time I am going to use an angel food cake mix! Wonderful!
I was very disappointed in this recipe Rather than shamrocks, I made pink hearts which turned out beautifully, but when I assembled them in the second pan and poured the cake batter on top, the batter was so thick that it would not fully coat the hearts, nor go between them. I ended up crumbling up the cake and making cake truffles.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Desserts >
- Irish Desserts >
- Irish Recipes >
- Kids Desserts >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Pound Cake >
- St. Patrick's Day Desserts >
- St. Patrick's Day Recipes >