A handy cookie cutter shapes these sensational sweets. With a hint of mint flavor, these cookies are especially yummy with cocoa or chocolate milk. —Edna Hoffman, Hebron, Indiana
18 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Green paste food coloring
- Green colored sugar, optional
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening and confectioners' sugar until
- light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extract. Gradually add flour and
- salt. Tint with food coloring. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or
- until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness.
- Cut with a lightly floured 2-in. shamrock cookie cutter. Place 1
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with colored sugar if
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly
- browned. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire racks. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 each) equals 192 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 135 mg sodium,