- 1-1/2 cups thinly sliced shallots
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- In a large skillet, saute shallots in oil until softened. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook for 25-30 minutes or until deep golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and sour cream. Stir in blue cheese and caramelized shallots. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Shallot-Blue Cheese Dip in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p79
Reviews for Shallot-Blue Cheese Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 6, 2015
"Made this for a BBQ and everyone loved it. I sprinkled some crispy bacon on top at the last minute for some extra crunch."
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2011
"This was a huge hit at our family Thanksgiving. I had pretzels, fresh veggies, and sliced baguette as dipping options."