Shaker Pork Sandwiches Recipe
"The first time Dad tasted this pork, he said it was better than Mom's cooking! So Mom requested the recipe," shares Jenni Oyler of Poughkeepsie, New York. "It was their idea to serve the pork as sandwiches."
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 12 to 16 hamburger buns, split
- Combine the sage, salt, pepper and garlic; rub over roast. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Cover and bake at 350° for 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until tender. Remove meat and shred with two forks.
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch; add water, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add shredded pork; stir until meat is coated and heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Shaker Pork Sandwiches in Country Woman January/February 2003, p41
Reviews for Shaker Pork Sandwiches(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2012
I have used this recipe for years. My family loves it. I usually cook the pork in the slow cooker.
Reviewed Mar. 12, 2011
These were excellent! The sweet and tangy sauce was a nice change of pace! Will definitely be part of our rotation from now on!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >
- Pork Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >