Shake and Scramble
This is a fast and hearty egg recipe. To make it even easier to prepare, I cut up the turkey and the vegetables, shred the cheese and freeze them in 1/2-cup portions. So when I want to serve this dish, I simply take out the number of bags needed.
-Carla Reid, Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chopped green and/or sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup diced deli smoked turkey
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a container with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five
- ingredients. Cover and shake until well mixed.
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add egg mixture;
- cook and stir until eggs are completely set. Season with salt and
- pepper. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 456 calories, 33 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 521 mg cholesterol, 467 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.