- Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (14 oz.) can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup (6 oz.) butterscotch-flavored chips
- 1 cup (6 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- HEAT oven 350°F. Spray 13 x 9-inch baking pan with no-stick cooking spray.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom of prepared pan. Pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumb mixture. Layer evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly with fork.
- BAKE 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Loosen from sides of pan while still warm; cool on wire rack. Cut into bars or diamonds. Yield: 30 bars
Reviews for Seven Layer Magic Cookie Bars
"These are so awesome !! My Momma made pans and pans of these at Christmas every year for presents -- with a little variation on the chips and they were gone in minutes !!"
"The very best ever....thanks"
"This was one of the first recipes I made as a kid. I also used it when my nephews were little and they wanted to bake something. They learned how to measure things and the results were perfect! The only change I made was to swap out the butterscotch chips for milk chocolate chips or English toffee bits."
"I have been baking these cookie bars for years, and my mother before me! They are so simple, yet really delicious. I, too, bake these at 325 rather than 350 so the bars don't get too dark around the edges. I made some today after being reminded about them on the TOH website. A great classic recipe!"
"All I can say is YUM!!!!!!!!!!!This was my 1st time making these...it's my daughter's B'day & when I saw the recipe I had to make it along with the standard cupcakes. I did make some changes though. I doubled the crust & milk & used 2 whole bags of chocolate chips (1 3/4 cup ea, 1 was milk chocolate & 1 was semisweet) & used almonds, but used the same size pan. It tastes just like Almond Rocha which I love. Great recipe, thanks for sharing with us!!"