Seven-Layer Cake Recipe
Even if you can't bake, you can still impress guests with this make-ahead dessert from Diane Thompson, Nutrioso, Arizona. "Assemble it when you have time to let the layers freeze," she suggests. "Then store it in the freezer until you're ready to show off the colorful results."
- 4 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 32 squares)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 pint chocolate ice cream, softened
- 1 pint strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1. Line the bottom and sides of a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter; press one fourth of the mixture into the pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- 2. Spread vanilla ice cream over crumbs. Sprinkle with another fourth of crumbs; press down gently. Freeze for 45-60 minutes or until firm.
- 3. Spread with chocolate ice cream. Sprinkle with another fourth of the crumbs; press down gently. Freeze until firm. Spread with the strawberry ice cream, then top with the remaining crumbs (pan will be very full). Cover and freeze for several hours or overnight. May be frozen for up to 2 months.
- 4. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Using the foil, lift cake from pan; discard foil. Cut cake with a serrated knife. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 352 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Seven-Layer Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC