Flavorful and slightly chewy, this lovely loaf is the best thing to come out of her bread machine, attests Lise Thomson of Magrath, Alberta. "We like to start our day with a nice warm slice full of good-for-you-grains."
- 1-2/3 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons nonfat dry milk powder
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup five-grain cereal
- 1-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available. Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (16 slices).
Originally published as Seven-Grain Bread in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p50
Reviews for Seven-Grain Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review