Sesame Vegetable Medley
"This yummy veggie medley makes a great accompaniment to any menu," says Tanya Lamb of Talking Rock, Georgia.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 cup each baby carrots, broccoli florets and sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the carrots, broccoli,
- mushrooms, zucchini, garlic and water. Cover and microwave on high
- for 3-5 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring twice;
- drain. Stir in the butter, sesame seeds, salt and pepper. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 60 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 145 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.