Sesame Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons sesame or canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked turkey breast
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 cups hot cooked brown rice
- Thinly sliced serrano pepper and toasted sesame seeds, optional
- In a small bowl, mix the first six ingredients until blended. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add red pepper and onion; stir-fry until crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Add turkey; heat through. Stir in green onion. Serve with rice. If desired, top with serrano pepper and sesame seeds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Turkey Stir-Fry in Simple & Delicious February/March 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sesame Turkey Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review