Sesame Toffee Recipe
I make more cakes and cookies than candy, but I love to stir up a batch of this toffee for Christmas because it's so easy!
- 2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with 2 teaspoons butter. Add the corn syrup and remaining butter; cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and sesame seeds; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir until mixture turns a golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Spread evenly. Cool; break into pieces. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
1 serving (1/2 ounce) equals 102 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 82 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC