Sesame Toffee Recipe
- 2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- 2. Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with 2 teaspoons butter. Add the corn syrup and remaining butter; cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and sesame seeds; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir until mixture turns a golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- 3. Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Spread evenly. Cool; break into pieces. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
1/2 ounce-weight: 102 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 82mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (8g sugars, trace fiber), 1g protein
Reviews for Sesame Toffee
"A wonderful addition to my xmas tray, this is indeed easy to make. Just watch and stir carefully when getting to the hard-crack stage, this could easily burn. Very, very tasty!"