I make more cakes and cookies than candy, but I love to stir up a batch of this toffee for Christmas because it's so easy!
- 2 teaspoons plus 3/4 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan with foil and grease the foil with cooking spray; set aside.
- Grease the sides of a large heavy saucepan with 2 teaspoons butter. Add the corn syrup and remaining butter; cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Add sugar and sesame seeds; cook and stir until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir until mixture turns a golden brown and a candy thermometer reads 300° (hard-crack stage).
- Pour into prepared pan (do not scrape sides of saucepan). Spread evenly. Cool; break into pieces. Yield: about 3/4 pound.
Originally published as Sesame Toffee in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2003, p27
Reviews for Sesame Toffee
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 24, 2011
"A wonderful addition to my xmas tray, this is indeed easy to make. Just watch and stir carefully when getting to the hard-crack stage, this could easily burn. Very, very tasty!"