When my granddaughter, Alicia Fie, married James Reeves, our family served this flavorful chicken over rice. It requires very little last-minute fuss.
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 24 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- Toasted sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into each of three large resealable plastic bags. Add eight chicken breasts to each bag; seal bags and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning once.
- Discard marinade. Transfer to two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 10-13 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- To grill, cook, uncovered, over medium heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. Sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Chicken in Down the Aisle Country-Style 2000, p32
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sesame Teriyaki Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review