Sesame Steamed Vegetables Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, julienned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the broccoli, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 68 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 0 fat.
Reviews for Sesame Steamed Vegetables
"This is one of my go-to side dish recipes. Question: When do I add the butter? It is found in the ingredient list but the directions don't mention it. Anyone have any ideas?"