Sesame Steamed Vegetables Recipe
"Broccoli grows abundantly during the long summer days here in Alaska," Heidi Doudna explains from Fairbanks. "I like to harvest it and freeze it along with julienned carrots, so this is always ready to go. The two vegetables are wonderful together, and the judges at our state fair even awarded this dish a first prize."
- 1-1/2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 small carrot, julienned and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup sliced celery
- 3 tablespoons sliced water chestnuts
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small saucepan, combine the broccoli, carrot, celery, water chestnuts, water and soy sauce; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sesame Steamed Vegetables in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p27
Reviews for Sesame Steamed Vegetables(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 4, 2013
This is one of my go-to side dish recipes. Question: When do I add the butter? It is found in the ingredient list but the directions don't mention it. Anyone have any ideas?